Easiest Way to Make Yummy Lamb Massaman Curry
Lamb Massaman Curry. Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry – a wildy popular dish at upscale Thai restaurants, the lamb is Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry. Ahhh just the title makes my mouth water. Massaman lamb curry is a sumptuous dish that's rich in both flavor and nutrients.
With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. If you're mad for lamb shanks and Massaman Curry, this recipe will stop you in your tracks – shanks slow cooked in the oven until the meat is falling off. There's nothing more indulgent than a hearty curry recipe and this Massaman version is just the ticket for a Saturday night in. You can cook Lamb Massaman Curry using 31 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb Massaman Curry
- You need of Ingredients for curry paste:.
- Prepare 5 of bulb Shallot-peeled.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Dried red chilli.
- Prepare 6 of Clove.
- It’s 1 of teaspooon Lemongrass puree.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger puree.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Mace.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Shrimp paste(optional).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Ground White pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Rapeseed oil.
- It’s of Ingredients to prepare the lamb shank:.
- Prepare 2 of Lamb Shank (Small).
- It’s 160 gram of Cooked New potato.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need of Ingredients for curry:.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Rapeseed oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 400 ml of Thai Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 handful of Cashew nuts.
- It’s 3-4 leaf of Coriander leaf.
This rich and mild Thai Massaman curry works beautifully with seasonal spring lamb, and is a. Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot. Chicken is the most popular meat to cook Massaman curry with but beef, lamb and mutton are equally common in Thailand. Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น, RTGS: kaeng matsaman, pronounced [mát.sa.màn] (listen)) is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry.
Lamb Massaman Curry instructions
- Fill the large saucepan with water. Add the lamb shanks, salt and baking soda. Gently boil for 3 hours..
- Blend the shallot, garlic, dried roasted red chilli, clove, ginger puree, lemongrass puree, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground mace, ground cumin, coriander seeds, shrimp paste, salt, white pepper and oil in an electric blender until the ingredients turn into a smooth paste..
- Put the rapeseed oil in a medium saucepan. Gently fry the Massaman curry paste for approx 3-4 minutes..
- Add 200 ml of Thai coconut milk and bring it to boil. Season the curry base with the honey, sugar, fish sauce and rest of coconut milk bring it to boil..
- In goes the lamb shanks and cashew nuts in the same saucepan, close the lid and gently boil for further 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice, cooked new potatoes and boil for further 2-3 minutes..
- Transfer Lamb Massaman curry into the serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed Thai Jasmine Rice..
Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cumin, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace (spices that are not frequently used in Thai curries). A mild and aromatic curry from the South of Thailand. Indian Lamb Curry Recipe Lamb Recipes Meat Recipes from India. Rosita's Kitchen. vegetarian stuffed peppers vegetarian massaman curry recipe indian vegetarian breakfast recipes. Massaman curry is made with massaman curry paste (which includes red chiles) and can be Choose your favorite meat: shrimp, tofu, beef, lamb.
No related posts.