How to Cook Perfect Spaghetti aglio e olio
Spaghetti aglio e olio. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a simple Italian dish of garlic, olive oil, parsley, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese tossed with cooked pasta. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Spaghetti aglio e olio is a traditional Italian pasta dish from Naples.
This post may contain affiliate links. While the exact origin of spaghetti aglio e olio is murky, there's no doubt it hails from Italy. Some say the dish comes from Naples, while others say it originated in the Southeastern region of Abruzzo. You can cook Spaghetti aglio e olio using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti aglio e olio
- It’s 200 grams of spaghetti.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt to the water in which spaghetti is being cooked.
- You need 2 litres of water to cook the spaghetti.
- Prepare Few of drops of oil to the water in which spaghetti is being cooked.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil (for tempering).
- Prepare 5-7 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pasta sauce.
- Prepare For of garnishing:.
- It’s as required of Chopped green part of spring onions.
Regardless, it's agreed upon that it's a peasant dish, created by poor farmers who had nothing but the. It is packed with so much flavor, and it is amazingly garlicky without being too overpowering. Spaghetti aglio e olio is a classic Italian pasta dish that relies on three basic ingredients. It's my take on an Italian classic that my lovely brother cooked for me when I was staying with him and his girlfriend – spaghetti aglio e olio.
Spaghetti aglio e olio step by step
- In a broad container take water, add salt and oil to it and keep it for boiling. Keep the spaghetti inside, some part will remain out don't worry about it..
- As the spaghetti starts getting cooked it will gradually slip in the water. Spaghetti will be cooked in about 10 minutes..
- After it it cooked strain the spaghetti on a sieve and pour cold water over it..
- In a pan add olive oil and heat it. Add chopped garlic let it cook for a while then add chilli flakes to it..
- Now add pasta sauce to the pan..
- Mix properly and add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and mix it well. Cook for few minutes and then serve it. Garnish with green part of chopped spring onions..
Prepare and drain spaghetti according to package directions. Don't forget to salt your water and work on preparing the other ingredients while the spaghetti is on the stove. ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling. Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes (for serving). In Italian, aglio e olio (AH-lyoh ay OH-lyoh) means "garlic and oil." Typically, the garlic is fried in olive oil on the stovetop, but we've cooked it with olive oil in the microwave, which is easier and omits the risk of burning the garlic. You can add some crushed red pepper flakes for a spicier version.
No related posts.