Recipe: Appetizing Asian-style Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Coriander
Asian-style Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Coriander.
You can have Asian-style Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Coriander using 12 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian-style Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Coriander
- You need 100 grams of Pasta (I used linguine).
- It’s 40 ml of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of to 2 cloves A. Garlic (chopped roughly).
- You need 1 of A. Red chili pepper (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of A. Prawns (peeled and deveined).
- You need 1 of Coriander.
- You need 40 ml of White wine.
- Prepare 2 1/2 ml of Thai fish sauce.
- You need 1/4 of to 1/2 teaspoon Plain flour.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper (optional).
- You need 1 of Lemon juice (optional).
Asian-style Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Coriander instructions
- Prepare the A ingredients as instructed above..
- Chop the stems of the coriander finely and cut the leafy parts roughly. Omit the coriander if you don't like it..
- Put the plain flour in a measuring cup..
- Pour 3 L of water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Just before it comes to a boil add 2 tablespoons of salt (it should come to 1% of the entire pot of water)..
- The amount of salt in the pasta cooking water is important to the resultant dish so measure precisely. When the water comes to the a turn the heat to low and leave to stand..
- Put the olive oil, garlic and sliced red chili pepper in a cold frying pan. Heat over a low heat slowly until fragrant..
- Once the garlic turns golden brown and fragrant add the prawns. Salt and pepper..
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add the white wine and fish sauce. Cover with a lid quickly and steam the prawns..
- Meanwhile add the pasta to the water from Step 4 and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta 30 seconds to 1 minute earlier than the package instruction says. Cook the pasta over a low heat..
- After the prawns have cooked through add coriander stems from Step 2. Stir quickly..
- Add 50 ml of the water you used to cook the pasta to Step 3. Add this to Step 10's pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 seconds to emulsify the sauce..
- [Note] Emulsifying the sauce is important. At home you cook a small amount of pasta so you cannot get enough starch to emulsify the sauce..
- By adding the flour the resultant sauce will have the right consistency. You will have a restaurant-quality sauce at home..
- Turn the heat to low-high and add the drained pasta. Stir well..
- I like it as it is but add more rock salt (not listed in the ingredients) if necessary..
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves. Sprinkle with lemon juice and black pepper to your liking..
- Prawns sautéed in white wine and fish sauce really give this dish an exquisite taste. And combined with the coriander stalks just further adds to it..
- If you don't mind fish sauce or coriander I really recommend this Asian-style spaghetti aglio e oilo..
- Here's my Basic Spaghetti aglio e olio..
- is a spaghetti aglio e olio with anchovies. This is nice too..
No related posts.