Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Kalderetang Baka
You can cook Kalderetang Baka using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kalderetang Baka
- You need 1/2 kg of stew beef cut in cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of bacon lard or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 can (400 g) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (170 g) of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, cubed.
- It’s 2 of carrots, peeled and cubed.
- You need 2 of small bell peppers, diced.
- You need 1 can (85 g) of liver spread.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of hot chillies (siling labuyo), optional.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated cheese, optional.
- You need 1 cup of lemon–lime soda (e.g. Sprite or 7-Up), optional.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine, optional.
Kalderetang Baka step by step
- In a stew pot, sauté onions in oil or lard over medium heat until transparent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about two minutes. Add beef and continue to sauté until browned..
- Add canned tomato, tomato paste, soda, wine, bay leaf, paprika, bell peppers, chillies, liver spread, carrots, and potatoes. Add water as needed to cover all the stew ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low heat for 1½ to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the potatoes are cooked through..
- Stir in the cheese, bring to a boil, and then simmer for five minutes or until the cheese is melted and the stew thickens some more. Serve with steamed rice..
No related posts.