How to Cook Tasty Cottage pie
Cottage pie. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy.
Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! You can have Cottage pie using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- Prepare of Mince.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 3 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 250 g of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cans of water.
- Prepare 500 g of beef mince.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Italian herbs.
- You need of Mash.
- It’s 500 g of Potatoes (or however many needed to cover top with mash).
- It’s 25 g of butter.
- It’s of Milk.
Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie.
Cottage pie instructions
- Fry the onions and garlic for 2min, add the carrots, put on the lid and sweet for 5min.
- Once swerved, add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add stock cube, purée, tomatoes, water, herbs and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 50min.
- Pre heat oven to 200oC.
- While the mince is simmering, peal the potatoes, cut into equal chunks and boil for 20mins.
- When the potatoes have boiled, mash them with butter and milk..
- When both the mince and mash are ready but mince in the bottom of dish and put mash on top. Make pattern with fork on top in the mash. Put in oven for 20min.
It is a dish that originated around the time that As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the. Wonderful cottage pie, reminds me of the meals I had in my British school's canteen. I followed the recipe for everything except the green peas coz I do not have them on hand. Cottage pie is essentially a shepherd's pie but with beef. Meaning of cottage pie in English.
No related posts.