Recipe: Delicious Palak paneer-cottage cheese in spinach#weekly jikoni
Palak paneer-cottage cheese in spinach#weekly jikoni. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is cooked with spinach and spices in this creamy and flavorful curry. It pairs well with naan, paratha or jeera rice. When we were kids, the only way my brothers would eat spinach was if it was cooked with paneer in palak paneer.
Remove the stems from the spinach,blanch them in hot water and grind them into a fine paste. Add butter in a heavy bottomed vessel and add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Palak Paneer is one of my favourite dishes ever since I was a child and now its my children's favourite as well. You can have Palak paneer-cottage cheese in spinach#weekly jikoni using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Palak paneer-cottage cheese in spinach#weekly jikoni
- Prepare 7 leaves of spinach.
- Prepare 200 of grm cottage cheese – paneer.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1 of large red onion.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of cream(optional).
Along with the richness of protein in the paneer and vitamins and minerals Serve the Palak Paneer Recipe along with hot Phulkas, Jeera pulao and Dal Makhani for a delicious lunch or dinner. Step by step Palak paneer recipe – Spinach with Indian cottage cheese (paneer). Cut the spinach into big pieces and boil it until soft. Once done, drain the water and blend it.
Palak paneer-cottage cheese in spinach#weekly jikoni instructions
- Wash the spinach, blanch the spinach for 5 minutes. Drain the water and put some cold water on the blanched leaves. Remove from the water and blend into puree. Keep aside.
- Chop the tomato and green chilli. Cut paneer into cubes.cut onion and garlic into small cubes.
- Put oil in a pan. Put onion and fry it until it turns pink. Add in garlic and saute it. Add in the chopped tomato and green chilli. Mix. When tomato is soft, add the spinach puree. Mix. Add in the cottage cheese.
- Mix. Add in salt and mix. Cover for few minutes on low heat. Open and mix. Add in the cream and mix. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Into a pan heat some ghee or oil. Palak paneer is a traditional dish served in north India. Nowadays this is popular in south India also. Taste of palak added with richness of paneer, in less spice and oil makes it delicious and is liked by all age groups. It is very simple and easy to prepare.
No related posts.