Easiest Way to Make Perfect White Coq au Vin
White Coq au Vin.
You can have White Coq au Vin using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Coq au Vin
- Prepare 4 lb of bone in skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 2 of shallots,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 24 of baby carrots.
- It’s 24 of tiny white buttom mushrooms, if you can not find tiny ones use 12 quartered regular sized.
- It’s 3 of stalks of celery, sliced.
- It’s 24 of peeled pearl onions, you can use frozen.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of dryed thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of tablespoonss chopped chives.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
White Coq au Vin instructions
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Heat oil and butter in a duch oven, season chicken with salt and pepper and brown remove pieces to a plate as you brown them all not crowding them.
- to pan add all vegetables coating well add thyme, poultry seasoning, pepper and hot sauce cover and cook until softened but not brown about 10 minutes, add wine and bring to a boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup liquid left, add chicken stock, sour cream and lemon, nestle chicken thighs in mixture and bring to a low simmer, cover and remove to preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Add chives, serve I shallow soup bowls. Great with rice, pasta or bread.
No related posts.