How to Cook Tasty Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!
Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!.
You can have Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!
- It’s of Mince.
- It’s of large onion, chopped.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of red wine.
- You need of garlic, chopped.
- You need of mixed dried herbs.
- Prepare of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of medium carrots, sliced.
- It’s of smoked bacon, chopped.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of tomato purée.
- Prepare of mince beef.
- You need of Mash.
- Prepare of dijon mustard.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of full fat milk.
- Prepare of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need of Water, to boil potatoes.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s of Grated cheddar cheese.
Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! step by step
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat the oil over a medium heat. Then add the bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan to the oil, cook over a medium heat until the vegetables become soft..
- Next add the mince and cook until brown..
- Add the tin tomatoes, purée, wine, mixed herbs, the cooked bacon, the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. About 15 minutes..
- Drain the potatoes well and then mash. Add the mustard, milk and butter. Season with pepper and if needed more salt. (You may add another tbsp of mustard, if you prefer the taste a little stronger)..
- When ready, spoon the mince mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the mash and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5..
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the mash has become golden brown..
- Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to serving..
No related posts.