Recipe: Perfect Traditional Cottage Pie
Traditional Cottage Pie. This traditional cottage pie recipe is easy to prepare and always super tasty. A British Cottage pie recipe uses ground beef as the primary ingredient, whilst a Shepherd's Pie uses ground lamb. Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze.
Well it's very simple. ★COTTAGE PIE – is made with beef ★SHEPHERDS PIE – is made with lamb 𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐭 Delicious traditional Cottage Pie recipe & cook with me! Reviews & ratings Average global rating Traditional Cottage Pie Recipe. In order to make a Cottage Pie for two people, the picture shows the principal ingredients which we will require. You can have Traditional Cottage Pie using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional Cottage Pie
- Prepare of Mince.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 300 ml of red wine.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed dried herbs.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots, sliced.
- It’s 150 grams of smoked bacon, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 500 grams of mince beef.
- You need of Mash.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 80 grams of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of full fat milk.
- Prepare 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need of Water, to boil potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of Grated cheddar cheese.
Hearty Cottage Pie – made with ground or minced meat and vegetables in a rich, flavorful sauce Savory cottage pie is one of the most satisfying, comforting and deliciously hearty meals you can. Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling Cottage Pie is a fabulous English classic, one that us Aussies have adopted as one of our beloved. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie.
Traditional Cottage Pie step by step
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat the oil over a medium heat. Then add the bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan to the oil, cook over a medium heat until the vegetables become soft..
- Next add the mince and cook until brown..
- Add the tin tomatoes, purée, wine, mixed herbs, the cooked bacon, the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. About 15 minutes..
- Drain the potatoes well and then mash. Add the mustard, milk and butter. Season with pepper and if needed more salt. (You may add another tbsp of mustard, if you prefer the taste a little stronger)..
- When ready, spoon the mince mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the mash and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5..
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the mash has become golden brown..
- Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to serving..
It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide. A Traditional Cottage Pie is a homely British recipe of braised ground beef and root vegetables in gravy topped with a crispy potato topping. This Cottage Pie recipe has everything you need.
No related posts.